Tuesday 17 November 2015


 
Art trip
   On the 24th we took a trip to Kilkenny city for our art trip to learn how to draw cartoon characters. We had to be at the school at 8:15 but.... There is always that one person who forgets about the time and this time it was me. I completely forgot and when Kelsey rang me to tell me they were ready to go I was still in my pyjamas....Opps. It was all g because I got there just before the bus doors closed.
Our year had a whole cinema private viewing....It was so fun. We watched the movie "Song of the sea", which is an Irish production. It was a bit boring but the animation was amazing and all hand drawn.
After the cinema we went to Kilkenny castle art museum where we met one of the animators of the movie. He showed us different processes of drawing and told us about the job. For this particular movie each second was 12 drawings. The movie took 5 or 6 years to produce just from the drawings. Each animator would only be able to complete 3 or 4 drawings per day. After seeing this I really wanted to become an animator, only problem I can't draw.... so that dream died quick.
We got to sit and chill around the castle where we met really nice American who were so amazed we had uniforms they took pictures of us. We also bought some hot chocolate and took pictures for a while. It was such a lovely sunny day.
 

4 comments: